Friday, November 26, 2010

being sick

i feel like writing about being sick because i have recently been. i don't like to feel less than my best ever so it irritates me to feel i have to depend on others when i am ill. when i was a little girl living with my grandparents, i would get sick every year after my shots. my grandma would keep me on bed or couch rest and stuff me full of medicine and chicken noodle soup. i always felt like i was sick forever. when i got older, i moved back in with my parents. and my mom had a different method of taking care of me when i was sick. she would get me all the comfy blankets she could find and make me a "nest" to cozy in. then she would MAKE my father take her out to pick up a can of 7up and a cheeseburger from mcdonalds. and every time, no matter what type of sick, sniffles to barf, i would feel better the next day. although a downfall to this "remedy" is that when ever i have a 7up, i start to feel queasy....

No comments:

Post a Comment